Custom Ore Generation Mod allows the player to decide what ores are generated in their worlds and how they are distributed. In addition to the vanilla “cluster” distribution, it currently offers custom-written “vein” and “cloud” distributions.
CustomOreGen supports mod-added ores, biomes, and dimensions. The default config file includes RedPower ores and ExtraBiomesXL biomes out of the box, and config data for other mods is easily added.
Custom Ore Generation Mod Installation:
Custom Ore Generation Mod on Client
- Custom Ore Generation Mod requires either ModLoader, ForgeModLoader. You must download and install one of these before installing the mod.
- Risugami’s Modloader is a classic but aging modding tool. COG will still run with ModLoader, but some features will be disabled (in-game options menu, debugging wireframes, and support for dimensions other than the overworld and the nether).
- ForgeModLoader is a newer mod utility that is supposed to be (but frequently is not) compatible with all ModLoader mods. All major features of COG will work with FML. Some debugging features (i.e. wireframes) will not.
- Minecraft Forge is an extensive API used by a large community of mods. Custom Ore Generation Mod has many features, changes many core minecraft files, and updates frequently. All COG features work with Forge.
- Once you have installed one of these three prerequisites, download the CustomOreGen Mod archive and place it in your .minecraft/mods folder
Custom Ore Generation Mod on Server
- Because terrain generation is handled entirely by the server in multiplayer, only the server needs to have CustomOreGen installed. Regular players do not need to modify their clients to play on a server with CustomOreGen. Only the Mojang server is supported at this time; there is not yet a port for Bukkit.
- If you are a server operator, you need to download and install either Minecraft Forge or ForgeModLoader. Forge is an extensive API used by a large community of mods; FML is a relatively light-weight rewrite of the Modloader API that supports servers. Choose whichever best suits your needs. All server-side features of COG work with both Forge and plain FML.
- Once you have installed one of these two prerequisites, download the CustomOreGen Mod archive and place the archive in the /mods folder of your server
Custom Ore Generation Mod Changelogs:
Custom Ore Generation Mod [1.4.6]v2:
- Compatible with Minecraft 1.4.7
- Standard config module for RedPower 2
- Fixed compatibility with Mystcraft 0.9.5.00
- Height limits for Subsitute. New “minHeight” and “maxHeight” attributes for <Subsitute>.
- New expression string functions. New expression functions “match” and “replace” for string manipulation.
- Option Display Groups. Option display groups can be defined with <OptionDisplayGroup>. They share a namespace with other options, but do not have a value and cannot be used in expressions. Each group appears as a tab in the COG options menu. Numeric and Choice options have a new ‘displayGroup’ attribute, and will only appear when the corresponding group tab is selected.
- Reorganized standard config modules. The standard modules have been renamed and moved into the “CustomOreGen Standard Modules” folder. The Minecraft ores module is now optional. Any of the modules can be deleted to disable them. They will only be regenerated when CustomOreGen_Config.xml is deleted.
- Bug fixes. Changes to wireframe packets to avoid clogging the client/server connection. Fixed Modloader compatibility (thanks to AnUberWookie). /cogOption now recognizes regular expressions in the option name. Removed Gold affinity for ExtrabiomesXL “Pine Forest”, since it is not a hardwood forest. Added Forestry Apatite affinity for temperate pine and fir forests from ExtrabiomesXL.
Download Minecraft Custom Ore Generation Mod [1.4.7]: