What Will Carboniferous Mod Add?
An amazingly unique and original portal design
Dimension – Our dimension currently consists of a few different biomes, for example Swamps, rainforests and highground. Examples of these are shown below
The Highground – a drier biome with hilly terrain and trees that are both lesser in number and in size. But is a rarer biome
Rainforest – a vibrant biome with many huge trees and more volatile terrain.
Swamp – the most common biome with lots of water and a large overhead canopy
New Trees – We have different types of trees including Calamites and various other Carboniferous trees, however we need to improve some of the textures
Grinder – A new GUI used to grind and mash up items to create new and useful items. (insert picture here). Powered by coal/charcarbon.
The Carboniferous Era adds a variety of new blocks from decorative blocks to functional ones.
The grinder is used to grind certain items down it other forms with can made into other cool items. The Block looks like above and when grinding the cog will spin in the middle. When right clicked on the block it will bring up the Grinder Gui.
The top left slot is for the grinding stone, the 2 below that are the input the 2 in the center are the output and the far right slot is the fuel.
Use Not Enough Items or another mod that shows recipes in game.
Carboniferous Mod installation:
This Mod is designed to work on the Client and Server
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Open that forge download with an archiver. I recommend 7zip or Winrar.
- Open the minecraft.jar file with your archiver (7zip, Winrar).
- Copy the files from inside the forge download into the minecraft.jar (minecraft_server.jar) file.
- On Windows and Linux, delete the META_INF folder.
On Mac, go into the META_INF folder and delete only the files which begin with ‘MOJANG’. Leave the rest untouched.
- Close both archives and run your client once. Exit the game without loading or creating a world.
- If you have done everything right, you will now have a ‘mods’ folder in your .minecraft (.minecraft_server) folder.
- Now put the Carboniferous.zip in the mods folder and run!